Thursday, October 15, 2009

MY 5 MINUTES OF FAME

Every Tuesday night football fans across Malaysia leave their daily chores, work and their big plate of dinner to catch the ever so entertaining football show FourFourTwo on Astro Supersport. Thanks to HooHa.asia, I became the envy of many football fans in Malaysia, especially the England fans, as I was one of three lucky three lions supporters to appear in the spectacular football show hosted by Jason Dasey and Jay Menon.

As I was there early, a gentleman named Ray was kind enough to bring me to the control room to watch the show. As it was a new experience for me, it was truly a culture shock looking at the expertise of the FourFourTwo crew work their way into producing yet another excellent episode. Though this show is pre-recorded, it only made me think of the difficulties that are actually faced producing a live show.

The guest of the day was Gary Phillips, the former assistant to Frank Farina of the Australian national team and he gave his insights on the World Cup qualifiers. It was a pleasure having a brief chat with him about the prospects of the Socceroos in the coming World Cup after he had completed his segment, though he wasn’t quite pleased to be discussing it with an England fan!

Then finally the time came for the three lions to take over the stage, the other two guest fans along with myself roared on to show our support for England. Despite only getting it right after 5 takes, we could have done this all day long as we were having a good time chatting, and since the topic of discussion was football, there never seemed to be a problem. While doing so the three lions (2 fans and I) were trying to mastermind the art of foosball, we guys didn’t want to look too bad as Jay already seemed to be doing pretty well in that department. I have to say I was pretty impressed with the way Jay Menon handled the show. She was rather relaxed and made it look like a walk in the park, with no scripts or any guidelines whatsoever; it looked like any other conversation with her mates.

When I registered as a HooHa.asia member, the Orange Man said “Joining Hooha will give u lots of benefits.” Well just 10 days after joining I am on FourFourTwo, tomorrow who knows maybe ill be at the World Cup?

No comments:

Post a Comment